Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rachel's Piano or Guitar Lessons

In Home Piano or Guitar Lessons


Call today 619 838 4305
Offering Affordable and Convenient music lessons throughout San Diego area.

All Ages are welcome

Classical, Blues, Country, Ethnic/World, Hip Hop/R&B, Jazz, Musical Theater, New Age, Other (Not Listed), Rock/Pop,

or whatever you want to learn, all are welcome
Please Feel Free to Call 619 838 4305 or
Email: rachel_piano@yahoo.com

“Music is therapeutic: it can tame a tiger and soothe a burning soul!”

– George Netterville

Piano Hunting

I finally got a baby grand piano!! :) well also a petite baby grand piano!
So now I have Kawai Upright Piano, Chickering Baby Grand Piano, Kimball Petite Baby Grand Piano and my Casio Keyboard! I have everything :) well except the square grand piano.

I have been shopping at Craigslist for quite a long time....I have also been bugging tons of piano technicians and my teacher, also my friends about how to pick a piano.
I have learned a lot since then
I saw a Steinway for $1200, I was the first one who went there and played this piano, Its ok, I love the chair! However, I did not get it...I had the money but something bugging me....few notes not working, soundboard had 2 huge and long cracks, some buzzing sounds when I played....I called lots of technicians, 3 out of 5 told me to get it, but when I called that lady again, she told me that it sold....I regret I did not get it...because the resale value will be at least $3000
OH well...
and I saw tons of different kinds of pianos, some of them just no one care about it...
for examples, there were 4 different families, they received their grand piano from their grand parents, one had tons of spiders living in it, one that the wood got chipped off and out of tune totally, one had so much dusts in it and pedals broken, and one that they refinished it from someone did not know how to refinish and put a nail in a huge crack on the soundboard, and tons of holes underneath....
They never took care of their pianos....especially one that he put it out of his house and let it rained on
My heart was crying and disappointed...it wasted my time, my gas and to see a perfect piano got ruined..
Just hope that people start to think that pianos not just a instrument but something that they will spend their lifetime with, like a friend or partner, and love them

I saw a Chickering Player baby grand at one of the piano store, he was selling $4000 on it, its look pretty good, got refinished and well at least everything work...but its just too much for me...

After almost a month and a half...I decided to get the Kimball Petite, its not really my dream piano, I dont really love how it play, but I like it small and clean well just fit in my apartment, I got a very good deal on it too
and the other chickering...well it definitely need to refinish but everything play...I was not sure if it was a player, the seller didnt know anything about it...so I take it with my reasoning price for it, the sound is better than the Kimball, but the pedal fell kind of stuck...other than that everything play :)
Well at least now that I have something to use and play and need some work on it
Need someone to teach me how to clean and maybe one day I can tune my own piano

Piano Hunting is kind of fun but scary....anyways I hope I will enjoy how these two piano sound and do some refinish on the Chickering :)



Referrals:
Piano Technician:
Paul McCloud: (858) 581-6744 (Cell)

Carl McCullough: 619-466-5033

 

No comments:

Post a Comment